The Castaway way
Castaway Play is an award-winning, proud to be inclusive, leisure attraction. We are all about creating incredible, unique memorable experiences. We want visitors to leave us with smiles on their faces and memories they can taken home, share and keep forever. That’s where you come in.
Why work at Castaway Play?
We’re proud to employ a team who love where they work and are valued for the job they do. Built on family values we support and encourage every member of our team, whatever their role, to be the best they can be and, should they wish, to progress and grow with us. We do this through supporting and funding development, taking on board feedback and giving on-the-job training.
What we’ll ask of you
The experience we offer to our visitors is made all the more special by the service we provide. All team members need to be organised and efficient, to work well under pressure and to take pride in how they conduct themselves. We love to see previous experience in a similar role, but showing a willingness to learn and a strong work ethic is just as likely to land you a job with us. Our team enjoys coming to work and being enthusiastic is vital.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates who are fun and confident, with high energy and, who above all show passion for what they do. You’ll need to be a team player, working with your colleagues to give our customers a safe, fun and memorable experience.
Last updated: 1 April 2023
We are looking for enthusiastic and qualified individuals to join our team at Castaway Play in Congleton. We are looking for a number of positions, including:
- Holiday / Seasonal Cover: We are always looking for temporary / part-time holiday workers to support us through our busy periods over school holidays.
- Food Lead: Responsible for planning and directing what happens in the kitchen, from the food preparation t the cooking, through to how the food is presented.
- Food Hosts / Party Hosts: As a food / party host you will need to be naturally friendly to welcome and engage with every visitor and have fantastic attention to detail.
- Play Assistants: As a play host you will be operating on our “play” floors across all four worlds of Castaway Play.
- Kitchen Team: Responsible for prepping ingredients and assembling dishes according to a set method that follows the style of our menu.
We are looking for people who are passionate about working with children and who have a positive and outgoing personality. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your CV to [email protected] or complete the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
The benefits of working at Castaway Play
There are many reasons why you should consider working at Castaway Play. Here are just a few:
- We offer a fun and rewarding work environment
- We offer flexible hours
- We offer permanent or temporary positions
- We offer are a family led business
- We offer opportunities for advancement
- We offer above minimum wage salary
- We offer a team discount
- We offer sociable hours. The last shift finishes at 6pm
If that hasn’t persuaded you to join our amazing ream, how about these?
- Team perks: All staff are allowed a free drink of their choice on the days they are working
- On the job training: Boost your skills with our e-learning courses covering essential areas and get a certificate for each completed course
- Team discounts: Exclusive staff discounts on food and free admission for event days
- Friends: We pride ourselves on having a team that gets on and is willing to support each other. Make some great friends for life
- Wellbeing & health: You look after our visitors and we will look after you! If you ever need to chat, about anything, our team is here to support. It doesn’t need to be work related
- Team loyalty awards: If you stick around, we’ll reward you for it!
- Achievement rewards: We love it when visitors say how fantastic our Castaway team is! Rewards are given to staff that go above and beyond to give visitors the best day ever!